I don't support Internet Explorer 6 & below because of it's complete lack of basic web standards. I'd strongly advise you to download Firefox, Safari, or at least IE8.
I don't support Internet Explorer 6 & below because of it's complete lack of basic web standards. Your cutting it pretty close by using IE7, I'd strongly advise you to download Firefox, Safari, or at least IE8.
If you've been following my Vimeo videos you'd see that lately I added a new one called "Growing Boxes" & as promised I'm doing a two-part series about how I made it. This first part will be focused on making the pre-comps & the next one will be about positioning & timing the boxes.
Make a new composition with a width of 1280px, a height of 720px, a length of five seconds, & a frame rate of 30fps(below).
Make a new solid with a width & height of 600px with a color of orange(or any color).
Mask out the bottom of the square & set a Mask Path keyframe at the beginning of the comp.
Move the playhead a few frames down & make a keyframe that reveals the rest of the square.
This is optional but I used the Graph Editor to make it go really fast at the beginning & get slower as it goes on.
Next, make the square 3D & set the anchor point to 300px on the z axis. If you didn't make your solid 600*600px set the anchor point to half of your size. I did that so that when I rotated the squares later they line-up perfectly. You could also set the squares to Alpha Add to get rid of the little one pixel border around the box later.
Duplicate the layer 3 times & set the rotation on the x axis to 90, 180, & -90.
Now that your layers are organized into a box you need to stagger them in the timeline.
Now, your going to have to duplicate all of those layers(important!) and pre-comp them.
Now comes the boring part, change the color of each layer(ctrl+shift+y), duplicate, & pre-comp. Your going to have to do that a bunch of times until your happy. I made a orange, gray, & blue of each.
Post a Comment